Things to See & Do During Your Romantic Couples Getaway
Here are some of the activities you can do on your couples getaway in the Otways:
- Enjoy the breathtaking ocean views on the Lighthouse Balcony at the Cape Otway Lightstation
- Canoe the calm waters of Lake Elizabeth at dawn or dusk which is the best time for spotting the elusive platypus that can be found there
- Walk or cycle through the lush rainforest of the Great Otways National Park, discover its stunning waterfalls that flow all year round and spot the local wildlife
- Snorkel at one of the Otways Coast’s pristine beaches, maybe you could both take a surfing lesson too
- Take a romantic horse ride on one of the many trails or on the beach at sunset
- Get a bird’s eye view of the Otways on one of the treetop walks, a tree adventure challenge (complete with flying foxes) or fly through the trees on a zipline tour
- For Otways romantic getaways in winter, go whale spotting along the coast
- Challenge each other to a round of mini-golf or go rock climbing, globe riding or cruise around on a Segway
- Take a picnic to one of the many scenic picnic spots. There are over 148 parks, gardens and recreation areas to choose from!
- Explore the vast landscape of the world’s third-largest volcanic plain - Red Rock
Accommodation For A Couples Getaway In The Otways
When it comes to Otways accommodation on your weekend getaway in Victoria for couples – the Otways is ideal for romantic seclusion in an idyllic setting. There are many camping spots and holiday parks where you can enjoy each other’s company in the great outdoors on an Otways romantic getaway. Relax on moonlit evenings around the fire before cosying up in your tent for a peaceful sleep.
You also have the choice of holidays houses & apartments, bed & breakfasts, hotels & motels, retreats, self-contained cottages and farm stays – all great options for a romantic couples getaway in Victoria. Hygienic sanitation practices are used at all accommodation options in the Otways.
Otways Romantic Getaway – Places To Eat & Drink
The Otways is home to some wonderful local produce and a great way to experience all the region has to offer on your Otways romantic getaway is through the Otway Harvest Trail. It doesn’t matter what time of year you’re on your weekend getaway in Victoria for couples because there is something to discover through all the seasons. For lazy breakfasts, you can try one of the local cafes and for romantic dinners, there are plenty of restaurants, bistros and hotels to try.
Plan Your Otways Romantic Getaway Today
Want to find out more about weekend getaways Victoria for couples, speak with the staff at one of the local Visitor Information Centres who will be able to fill you in on why a couples getaway in the Otways is the way to go.